Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Moving Target Philosophy

Last semester when I was in Brother Hammond's religion class, he always said that "The Spirit likes a moving target." With this statement, he was trying to teach us that it is when we are moving that we will receive direction and inspiration from the Lord. It's when we are walking by faith. This is a concept I really grasped onto and now I just constantly tell myself to KEEP MOVING.

And things are falling into place!

This past week I starting training for my internship for the spring. I will be working as the Student Personal Wellness Coordinator at the Health Center on campus. I will do patient education on sleep hygiene, stress, ADD/ADHD, nutrition, and physical activity. I will be in charge of two blogs. I will sit on the wellness council. I will help with different support groups and activities on campus. I am really excited! I think it will be a great learning experience! It is funny because I have been planning on NOT being in Rexburg next semester and now, here I am! It will be nice to be here in the warm weather and to have one last semester here. Right now I am a walking target for housing! The Lord has never let me down on housing before, and I know He won't this time!

The one thing that I sad about for the spring is some of the people who will be gone! It kind of feels like I am staying and everyone else is leaving! I will miss Brooke and Liesel and Bryce - MY FAMILY! It won't be the same without them here, but they are all moving forward and doing good things and that they are going to be where the Lord needs them. I am really grateful for all the people I have met while I've been at BYUI and for the blessing they have been to me! I am leaving a different person than when I came!

Also, I am so glad I decided to come to BYUI rather than BYU.

Anyways, random thoughts for Sunday Morning.

But, life is good. Three weeks to go. I'm going to enjoy them all!

Love you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment